Laughlin House, our historic home and urban retreat, is a former Bentonville, Arkansas, bed and breakfast located downtown in the city’s growing hub for exciting community events, outdoor activities, the Saturday Farmer’s Market and unique dining and shopping experiences.
Bentonville is a thriving community in Northwest Arkansas. Home of the world’s largest retailer, and the home of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and the Amazeum Children’s Museum, Bentonville is quickly becoming a destination for exciting business opportunities, culture and the arts.
Area Highlights Near Our Downtown Bentonville, AR, Retreat
- Only two blocks from the shopping, dining and bustling activities of the historic, charming Bentonville Square. Explore the popular farmer’s market every Saturday morning on the Square from April until the end of October. You’ll meet lots of dogs and hear some great local musicians. It’s the place to be on Saturday!
- Shop local! Explore the ever-expanding list of shops and local art galleries nearby – including , The Spice and Tea Exchange, Elysian Boutique, Blue Moon Market, In Season Boutique, Label Boutique, The Mustache, Ramo D’Olivio Wine Bar and Vinegar & Olive Oil Shop, Phat Tire Bike Shop, Central Street Toys, 21C Museum Hotel, The Independent Men’s Boutique, Lola Women’s Boutique, Yoga Story, Overstreet’s Jewelers and more.
- Downtown Bentonville is quickly developing an excellent downtown culinary scene – walk or bike to Table Mesa Bistro, Tavola Trattoria, Tusk and Trotter, Oven and Tap, The Hive, Pedaler’s Pub, Bike Rack Brewery, Blu Fresh Seafood Marketplace, Core Public House, Scotch & Soda, The Station Café, the Pressroom, The Forge, The Preacher’s Son, MOD, and The Flying Fish.
- And don’t forget the food trucks when it’s warm – Crepes Paulette, Priato Pizzeria, Yeyo’s Mexican Grill and more.
- Two blocks from the Walmart Museum, the site of the original Walton’s 5 and 10, which was Walmart founder Sam Walton’s first Ben Franklin store.
- One block from Lawrence Plaza, Bentonville’s summer splash park and winter ice skating rink.
- One block from Compton Gardens, a woodland garden featuring winding paved trails through native Arkansas foliage and the entrance to the Crystal Bridges Bike Trail.
- One block from the Crystal Bridges Bike Trail, the walking and biking entrance to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art — also part of the Razorback Greenway as well as a key link to an extensive mountain bike trail system in north Bentonville.
- 0.75 miles walk to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, featuring permanent and temporary collections of American masterworks, in a 120-acre setting surrounded by walking trails, landscaped and woodland gardens, and sculpture gardens.
- Less than a mile to the Amazeum Children’s Museum.
- 0.5 miles to the Bentonville Public Library.
- 1 mile to the Walmart Home Office.
- 25 miles to the University of Arkansas campus in Fayetteville, Arkansas.